The Hotel Viking / One Bellevue Avenue / Newport, RI 02840 / 401-847-3300
Entering The Hotel Viking in Newport, RI is like stepping back in time to the Gilded Age.
The Hotel Viking offers classic decor with modern amenities in one of the most beautiful seaport towns in America – Newport, RI.
My wife & I encountered nothing by friendly service from the moment we arrived until check-out.
Having valet service is such a bonus in Newport, especially on a frigid winter’s evening!
After a quick and easy check-in we headed to our premier guestroom.
All of the historic guestrooms and suites are romantic, luxurious, and classicly adorned.
You will find Egyptian cotton bed linens, pillow top mattresses and ornately carved headboards.
- Nonsmoking as a courtesy to all guests
- Flat screen LCD TVs in all guestrooms
- Gourmet honor baskets
- Irons/ironing boards
- In Room Safes
- Movie Rental
- Renovated baths with rain head shower heads, terry robes on request
- Air Conditioning
- Complimentary High-speed internet in all guestrooms
Our premier guestroom was roughly 430 square feet.
Other guest room types include:
Manor (150-200 square feet)
Newport (310 square feet)
Estate (325 square feet) and Accessible rooms. Click HERE for complete room descriptions.
Specially themed suites are also available. Please click HERE for more information.
I loved the decor of our room which was both classic and modern. Jennifer and I found the bed extremely comfortable and loved the water shower pressure, which was nice and strong.
Little touches like the wallpaper, shutter blinds, curtains and whimsically painted furniture added extra touches to the room and made it feel special.
- Fitness Center – The fitness center is located adjacent to the pool. It offers treadmills, Stairmasters, free weights, elliptical trainers, and a Cybex weight training system. Use of the Fitness Center is complimentary and includes use of towels and shower facilities. Click HERE for more information.
- Afternoon Tea at One Bellevue – Hosted daily featuring tea sandwiches, tea biscuits, scones with lemon cream and petit fours. Click HERE for more information.
- SpaTerre – There is a Newport refuge that exists solely to promote health and well-being for mind, body and soul. Where exotic Balinese spa experiences and Thai body rituals are custom-designed to replace the weight of the world with the feeling of utter relaxation. It is SpaTerre, the signature spa of Noble House Hotels & Resorts. More than just another spa hotel on the New England Coast, at SpaTerre, nurture your spirit with a Thai Herbal Therapy. Discover the healing power of aroma with a facial infused with ingredients inspired by the local area. 8AM – 8 PM
Click HERE for more information.
- The Pool & Jacuzzi – Adjacent to SpaTerre. The hours of operation are 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM.
- Business Center: Swank Audio Visuals is pleased to provide you with a state-of-the-art automated business center, located on the conference level of this hotel. Our business center is available 24 hours a day, and all you need is a credit card.
This means that you have the ability to access the internet, send faxes, print documents, or make color copies at any time, day or night. The audio visual staff is available to assist you with the use of the business center during the business day. On evenings and weekends, you can get assistance by the friendly guest services team.
- One Bellevue Restaurant – Attentive service, sophisticated surroundings, award-winning wine selections, creative cocktails and food infused with influences from around the world identify the feel of this One, unique, Rhode Island dining destination! Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Click HERE for more information.
- Top Of Newport Bar – This rooftop bar is a fun, convivial spot to have cocktail coolers and refreshing frozen drinks; accompanied by backyard BBQ favorites; chilled plates such as Chilled Oysters; Narragansett Littleneck Clams and Lobster Rolls.
Top Of Newport features live entertainment throughout the summer, highlighting local Rhode Island musicians on Fridays and Saturdays from 5 to 9 p.m, Sundays from 4 to 8 p.m. Another feature of The Top of Newport is ‘Spirits and Stogies Wednesdays’ offering superior cigars paired perfectly with high quality spirits and food bites. Click HERE for more information.
- Spacious Newport guest rooms with two queen beds
- Indoor pool (and whirlpool)
- Special children’s Prince and Princess menu of services at Spa Terre
- Children’s portions in One Bellevue Restaurant
- Beautiful Touro Park two block away – great to run around, play ball, hide and seek!
- Historic Redwood Library across the street – the oldest continuously operating library in the country – wonderful children’s section!
- Ryan’s Amusements within walking distance to hotel
- Accidental Artist – kids can create their own art (call for appointment)
- Vintage Carousel rides at Easton’s Beach (Atlantic coastal salt water aquarium, too)
- Brenton Point Kite Park
- Kids Camp at Carnegie Abby (check it out at TheCarnegieAbbeyClub.com – click on Carnegie Abbey Club then Camp Carnegie)
*All children receive a copy of the Hotel Viking coloring book (crayons, too) with drawings to color, puzzles to solve and fun facts about Newport and the hotel.